NaturalReader for text-to-speech
NaturalReader, which has been being developed by Canada-based firm, is a really easy-to-use software for text-to-speech. The following explanation is excerpted from www.naturalreaders.com: NaturalReader is a Text to Speech software with natural sounding voices. This easy to use software can convert any written text such as MS Word, Webpage like e-edition of WSJ and NY Times, PDF files, and Emails into spoken words. NaturalReader can also convert any written text into audio files such as MP3 or WAV for your CD player or iPod.
In the NaturalReader software products is a downloadable product for yearly free as well as payable ones, which are compatible with both Mac OSX and Windows OS.
After downloading or installing, click [Miniboard] at dialog box [Welcome to NaturalReader software] and you will find Floating Board appear, in whose text area, part of an article of e-edition of NY Times (www.nytimes.com), for example, will pop up and you can listen to it as soon as you highlight it. And you can move the floating board for NaturalReader anywhere without blocking the screen, while placing your cursor at NaturalReader bar of the floating board.
NaturalReader education version is specially designed to help students to improve their writing and comprehensive abilities.
For more information on how you can use it easily:
1. Open: NaturalReader software
2. Click: Floating bar (at the bottom right corner of the screen)
3. Click: Toolbar arrow to open or close the text space as necessary
4. Holding a [NaturalReader] logo with left mouse button, you can relocate the floating bar anywhere so as to not block the text-to-speech area.
5. Highlight the text-to-speech area, then click the starting arrow and you can enjoy listening to it while reading it. That's all !
Just for your information:
1. New York City (NYC)/ Dept. of Education recommends the use of NaturalReader for students with disabilities and English language learners; all copy rights of "natural voices" are owned by AT&T.
2. C-Pen products like ReaderPen and Exam Reader are also recommended by organizations concerned with students with disabilities and English language learners, in terms of Text-to-Speech features as well as Text-to-Cursor in particular.
Enjoy exploring NaturalReader !
In addtion, for a combined use of NaturalReader and C-Pen products, it is the text-to-cursor function of C-Pen digital highlighter products that should highly raise the text-to-speech function of NaturalReader; it is because the text-to-cursor function of C-Pen can directly put your favorable part of printed documents into the text-to-speech area of NaturalReader as described above, where any camera and OCR software are not needed. It is speedy, super, excellent and splendid !
Your visiting another related page for the C-Pen digital highlighter products as well is really appreciated.
As for an use of the ScanSnap SV600, touchless-type document scanner, released by Fujitsu, Ltd., pleased be advised to take a look at another page "Idea Developing Note, a PANORAMA style." The SV600 products as well as the C-Pen products are equipped with the OCR of ABBYY, a world-leading OCR and text scanning software company (headquartered in Kyoto, Japan).
The Book Depository offers some things a little different and extra to other booksellers online. These include: The Book Depository offers some things a little different and extra to other booksellers online. These include: (1) Free international delivery to over 90 countries worldwide, (2) Keen prices, they try really hard to keep their prices as low as possible. (3) Amazing range, they have access to over 2.2 million titles which they can ship within 48 hours, an unparalleled stock availability.
In adddition to books, the Book Depository has started to sell electronics-related products that book lovers are expected to need.